What is the length and consistency of therapy sessions?
- Therapy works best when attended at least 1 time per week. My standard session is 50 minutes, once per week.
What is the first session like?
- I provide a complimentary 15-minute phone consultation to hear more about you, what brings you to therapy, and to discuss fees, scheduling, and referrals needed. If we determine we are a good fit we will set up our first meeting, in which we will begin to get to know one another and I will learn more about your history and your hopes for therapy.
How much does therapy cost?
- Initial consultation is $225. My fee is $175 per 50-minute session for individual therapy. For couples, I offer either 50-minute sessions at $175 or 90-minute sessions for $250. I have a limited amount of sliding scale openings based on financial need.
How much does a psychological assessment cost?
- The cost of psychological assessments varies based on the reason for the assessment, the time and number of instruments used. Click here to set up a free consult during which I’ll be able to give you an estimate based on your needs.
Do you bill insurance?
- I am an in-network provider with Blue Shield, Magellan, Medicare and MHN. Counseling services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions: Do I have mental health insurance benefits? What is my deductible and has it been met? Do I have Out-of-Network benefits? How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover? What is the coverage amount per therapy session? Is approval required from my primary care physician? Do services have to be pre-authorized?
- If you would like to utilize your Out-of-Network benefits you may be eligible for reimbursement. Prior to your first session, please call the number on your insurance card and verify if your insurance will cover your visits.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
- Yes. I ask for a minimum of 24 hours notice if you need to cancel a session. Your full fee will be charged to the credit card on file if you fail to attend a scheduled session or give less than 24 hours notice of cancellation.
Where do I meet you?
- I am located at 595 East Colorado Blvd, Suite 706 Pasadena, CA 91101. There is free one hour parking in front of the building and the surrounding streets. There is also ample parking space behind Urth Cafe with a fee. When you arrive for your appointment please walk into the waiting room and press the call light.